But will the tough diplomatic actions be adequate to deal aided by the evolving scenario? More to the point, given that nation gets to election mode, does it fulfill the audience that is domestic? A great deal relies on the way the Congress deals with the situation—and just exactly how its seen to be carrying it out. For, often there is the danger of the ‘Italian connection’ remaining a perpetual handle in the hands of its detractors.
Catch Me Whenever You Can.
- February 19 Two Italian marines, Massimiliano Latorre and Salvatore Girone, arrested and produced at a court that is local Kerala and faced with murder
- March 4 Italians offered week or two judicial remand and delivered to Thiruvananthapuram jail that is central
- March 21 Congress wins byelections that are crucial the Piravom constituency, boosting UDF govt’s slender margin into the set up
- June 2 The marines are released after 105 times in custody with strict assurance from Italian govt that they’ll stay in India
- September 4 Italy files petition before Supreme Court of Asia wanting to quash procedures in Kerala. Read more ›